Make Your ANR Connection Today... Some areas of this board are only viewable by registered ANRelationships members, Join ANRelationships for free to access all board areas.

To register and have full access to post and reply to post in all areas on this board you must first be a ANRelationships member, when you join Anrelationships.com you automatically become a board member to become a member use this link Free to join Join ANRelationships

If you are already a Anrelationships member and you are not logged into the main ANRelationships site, you will need to login here using your same ANRelationships username and password credentials you used to log into the site, if you are already logged into the ANRelationships site you will automatically be logged into the forum.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Do not post contact information in the forums, doing so will get you banned from the forum

#1 04-12-2019 12:10:16

NLDebbie

Re-Lactation

I've been pumping 3 times a day for 5-6 years (with an 8 months break last year). Still no milk.  I get some clear, salty liquid drops.  I tried oats for a few months but no luck. I make sure my body is hydrated.  I listen to "make-milk" audio tapes. I got a tens unit. I massage. My breasts have grown 3 cup sizes, they feel fuller, I have let-down sensations - but no milk. I can not take Dom or most herbal galactagogues because of low platelets. Any other suggestions?

#2 04-28-2019 08:22:13

FunForward
Banned

Re: Re-Lactation

Keep your nipples well hydrated.  Lotions or approved creams. I read somewhere of dry lactating,  and looking into that,  it might be plausible in some situations.  The milk drys before it gets to the pump, or the act of pumping drys the milk up by the air flow. The ring around the nipple shield  after pumping is the dry milk.  Some women do not lactate unless they have a person suckling.  Pumping will only create a situation where the breast is ready to lactate.  The mental part, for women is the strongest.  I find I have to have the mind set and get into the mood to lactate, and it is not a 5 minute thing.  It could take all day with a person nursing on and off, in a perfect nursing situation and a perfect mind set.   Yes takes a lot of work but when the let down hits there is nothing better.   I sort of find it hilarious the word "Let Down" is equated to a perfect feeling.

#3 05-23-2019 05:36:59

LaughingLady

OMG Debbie, 5-6 years? I don't think I have that much patience. I've been pumping for about a month and taking Fenugreek and Goat's Rue for about 2 weeks and I'm over anxious already. I'm not sure what your age is, but I've heard that if you've never given birth/lactated and/or are older, it could take longer to produce, if ever. I'm not giving up just yet. I've heard that it could take up to 6 months, which I'm not crazy about either. I'm going to hang in there as long as I can. Now it's just a matter of determination. I just want to see IF I can do it. : )

#4 06-10-2019 01:30:00

Luvsuckle

Hey Debbie, for me it was almost all mental the first time I induced.  The man I was seeing was only around once a day at best, but the sensation of having him in my arms made me mentally WANT that nourishment for him so badly. The first time around I actually didn't even know it was possible to lactate without being pregnant. I'm not sure that "determination" is the mindset... Perhaps one of giving, relaxation, nurturing... surrender to the desire.???
Just thoughts that may help.
I was 43 the first time and have never been pregnant so I'm not sure age has anything to do with it but I do know that I was very fit at the time and sometimes when I was at the gym doing bench press and feel that "let down" and have to go change my shirt or be sure I had pads because I would have 2 milk spots up front smile

#5 06-24-2019 01:11:42

LaughingLady

I'm not sure why it's taking you so long but I understand that sometimes it can take a while. I personally believe that a lot can be attributed to your mental state also. I've been pumping and taking supplements for about 2 months and although my breast feel heavier and I have just noticed this week, a change in size, I've been going through a few bouts of depression (due to lack of a partner and a few other personal things going on). I think that is what is preventing anything from "showing up". Hopefully, it's only temporary or I can at least get past this roadblock so I can move forward. I wish you ladies luck.

Board footer